The Holidays are my favourite time of year because it feels so cozy; snow, candles, twinkle lights, the whole shebang. It’s the time when you get together with friends and eat with Elf playing in the background. I thought I’d share some tips on making the perfect holiday food spread, show you some of my recent fashion inspo, and share a couple holiday playlists!
All About the Food
For someone who isn’t a top chef (such as myself), the easiest thing to do is get a bunch of small items to snack on. Here are a couple must-haves to keep everyone happy
Cheese is a staple; why do you think cheese boards are so popular? I usually go for 3 types of cheeses:
- Brie (bonus points if you get a baked brie)
- Goat cheese
- Aged Cheddar or Parmesan
Small treats are a must to keep your guests happy, here are some of my faves:
- Apricot jam
- Dried Cranberry
- Maille Original Crunch Gherkin pickles (my fave, very important to get these)
I love sweets, so there’s no way I’m skipping out on dessert. Make sure you have a balance of sweet and sour snacks:
- Chocolate almond cheesecake bites (the frozen dessert section of the grocery store is my go-to)
I don’t claim to be a wine connoisseur, but I know what I like. Lately, Raven Conspiracy Wine has been my go-to because it’s so easy to drink, plus it’s made in Ontario!
- Wicked White: “Clear and bright with a fresh clean aroma of white peach, Bartlett pear, honeydew melon and a touch of floral.” YUM – how can you say no to that?
- Raven Deep Dark Red: “Purple garnet colour with a deep, dark bouquet of black currant, dark plum, and baking spice.” I love myself a good glass of red wine and this one is my fave
Holiday Fashion Inspo
I’m not the kind of person who buys a whole new outfit just for an event. Here’s some fashion inspo that you can probably use to mix and match pieces that you already own!
Cozy chic – Loving the fuzzy sweater with delicate jewelry (and don’t forget the vino!)
Mix and Match – A feminine silk top paired with leather pants takes this look from classic to cool
Matchy-Matchy – Pick accessories that are the same colour as your top (red is preferable)
Full Glam – A sequin dress definitely embraces the Holiday spirit; make it a little more casual with a fuzzy cardigan
French Girl Fashion – Beret with a mesh top + lace bralette? A must this year!
Music is essential for any get-together, so I’ve rounded up a couple playlists that are great for get-togethers:
- Christmas music: My pick is just to play the Michael Buble Christmas album on repeat!
- December Cozy: The best playlist for a cozy night in with friends (link)
- Cool Party: To get some energy going and maybe show off some of your dance moves (link)
**This post is sponsored by Raven Conspiracy Wine; all opinions are my own**