When people think of living a more green lifestyle, they usually think of beauty products and food. However, there are a lot of house products that contain hidden toxins. One of these is candles. Certain candles are made with paraffin and when you burn them, they release toxic fumes into your home. I got in contact with the owners of Lightwell Co. who offered to send over some candles that I could test out.
Lightwell Co. is a candle brand from Texas where a husband and wife make these amazing candles. You might be wondering what makes these better than others, here’s why:
- They use 100% american grown soy wax and pure coconut wax as the base of the candle – non toxic and it doesn’t make the scent too overwhelming
- They use premium grade fragrance oils derived from essential oils (not 100% green but needed in order to achieve these scents)
- They’re hand poured in Texas so you can feel good about the manufacturing
- The wicks are made of 100% braided cotton wicks for a clean, environmental friendly burn
- The containers are super beautiful and can be reused after you finish your candle
The first scent that I chose was Moss and Amber, which is a classic; it’s musky but still fresh. The second was recommended to me by Lightwell Co. and it’s the White Tea scent. It’s light and clean; perfect for Summer! Make sure to follow them on Instagram for more candle inspo